I think this is the first time I've posted in IM conversation in my blog - Journal of Omnifarious
Aug. 17th, 2009
10:14 pm - I think this is the first time I've posted in IM conversation in my blog
A conversation with my friend TemporalG in which the concept of a 'semantic jinx' is introduced:
- (22:02:49) TemporalG: how does someone maintain code written like this?
- (22:02:51) TemporalG: just never touch it?
- (22:04:47) Omnifarious: *chuckle* I don't know.
- (22:04:54) TemporalG: hrm, maybe the solution is to install GCC 3 for the host... -_-
- (22:05:03) Omnifarious: I had been hoping that with gcc 4 enough of gcc had be re-written for it to be a lot less crufty.
- (22:05:17) Omnifarious: That's still a hope of mine.
- (22:05:24) Omnifarious: Since you found that ugliness in 3.
- (22:05:26) TemporalG: well this is gcc 3 code so your hope may still be true
- (22:05:34) TemporalG: semantic jinx
- (22:05:42) Omnifarious: *laugh*
- (22:05:56) TemporalG: you are now prohibited from saying anything with meaning.
- (22:05:57) Omnifarious: Does that mean I'm not allowed to make sense until you say my name?
- (22:06:03) TemporalG: yes
- (22:06:08) TemporalG: semantic jinx again
- (22:06:15) TemporalG: :)
- (22:07:04) Omnifarious: Now you must fish for turnkey queens in a large diamond.
- (22:07:30) TemporalG: good work, eric
- (22:07:51) Omnifarious: *chuckle*
- (22:08:23) Omnifarious: You know, that's the first bit of IM conversation I've ever been tempted to post in a blog.
- (22:08:29) Omnifarious: Do you mind?
- (22:08:42) TemporalG: feel free
Current Mood: amused
Current Music: Not playing