LOTR FOTR on cable with ads - Journal of Omnifarious
Dec. 8th, 2005
12:34 pm - LOTR FOTR on cable with ads
A friend (aka rosencrantz319) was talking about having seen LOTR FOTR on cable. He found the frequent ads to be a bit distressing.
So, I had a thought... They should have the characters advertise! The commercial possibilities are endless!
- Gandalf - Clorox (The real secret to how I became Gandalf the White!),
- Samwise - Garden weasel of course!
- Merry and Pippin - If tobacco products were allowed on air, some sort of pipe tobacco would be the obvious choice, otherwise, perhaps they could appear with Treebeard.
- Treebeard - Miracle Gro®, that's the stuff he fed to Merry and Pippin and drinks all the time himself.
- Gollum - Maybe fish? Red Lobster? Edit: Ooh, I know! Public service "Just say NO to drugs (aka the one ring)!" ads.
- Aragorn - Aftershave perhaps? Or maybe some of those razors designed to leave behind a bit of manly stubble?
- Sauron - Vizine, obviously!
- Denethor - Cremation services? They generally don't advertise though.
- Frodo - Camping gear? Motivational tapes (how I managed to resist the pull of the ring for so long!) Fire resistant clothing?
- Bilbo - Depends?
- Legolas - Shampoo?
- Gimli - Gold? De-tarnishing chemicals (how to keep the axe sharp)?
As you can see, practically every character, no matter how minor, has some sort of advertising tie-in. I don't understand why it's not already been done. :-)